Yes, we know you’re tired. We know that Vedett tastes even better after 02:00. But you really wouldn’t want to miss this day. Really. Really Really. Here’s 20 reasons why.
You don’t want to miss Incubate Saturday, because:
1. We. Have. BATTLES! In the absolutely special Natuurtheater!
2. We have the legendary noise-act LE SYNDICAT! In the small and cosy 013 Stage01, so make sure to be there on time. Because there are only a limited amount of people allowed inside.
3. We have a very special audiovisual collaboration between Wineke Gartz and Wooden Shjips in FAXX building
4. Rob Riemen will be interviewed by Joost De Vries about Fascism, Geert Wilders and the aftermath of his Lowlands speech in Theaters Tilburg.
5. Play Me I’m Yours and SMSlingshot are still turning heads in the city center and WE EAT INcubate brings your favorite meal in it’s biologic form to the Heuvelplein (Heuvel square).
6. The Lost Relay has new artists everyday in Argument, and every night there is a debate about their works.
7. Open Source is still a main subject, so make sure to check out the Open Source Expo in Faxx, Open Source Film in Filmfoyer and Open Source Dance in NWE Vorst.
8. The inspiring photo exhibition of Dimitar Solakov is not to be missed in Bibliotheek Tilburg (Library Tilburg).
9. The filmfoyer presents not 1, not 2, but 3 lovely movies. White Lightnin’ about the dancing outlaw, We Don’t Care About The Music Anyway about the avant-garde scene in Tokyo and the triptych Invertebrate (a city taken over by insects), The Ill Mannered Milkman (about motorbike champion Teddy Milks) and The Magus (about visual artist C. Graham).
10. We turned Hall Of Fame into a hardcore fest with the likes of No Turning Back, Oathbreaker, Run With The Hunted and Trial. New Morality fills up the ‘TBA’-spot in the timetable.
11. There will be secret 3voor12 sessions in Duvelhok with bands performing at Incubate. So keep an eye on your Twitter timeline!
12. NWE Vorst is today’s main stage with acts such as Little Scream, Baby Dee (photo below), Charles Gayle, Esben And The Witch (photo on top), Ganglians and Handsome Furs!
13. XLR8R still curates the Midi Main Hall with the likes of Shawn Reynaldo himself, Oneman, Ben UFO, Girl Unit and Theo Parrish
14. Midi Bar Area will host Grudgefuck with Bubtek, GG Skeng and Limewax amongst others. Bong-Ra cancelled unfortunately, Sinister Souls replaces him.
15. The Korte Heuvel celebrates culture in it’s widest sense: From The Doozer and Safari Park in Weemoed to Moombahton with Munchi and Globalibre in Studio. From Burning Yellows and Gruppe 80 in ‘t Buitenbeentje to Klaus Beyer + Band and Antilles in Cul de Sac.
16. Metalfans always know the way to Little Devil for the chaos unleashed by the likes of Gorgasm and Wormrot, but the 013 Stage01 also has Light Bearer and Celeste performing.
17. The beautiful church Pauluskerk is the place to visit for Alasdair Roberts and King Dude, as well as a special organ show by Baby Dee (photo below).
18. In our 18th reason we still haven’t got the space to tell you about the amazing acts in NS16, Duvelhok, Paradox and V39.
19. Incubate is awesome. We say so. That means it’s true.
20 . Incubate visitors are even more awesome. Yes, we say that as well. That means it’s true.
We’ll see you around today. If you see us (the people with the WE ARE STAFF laminates on keycords), say hi!